Why does my new development require a coastal hazard risk assessment?

Oct 10, 2023 | Blog, Coastal Engineering, Coastal Erosion Control | 0 comments

In order to obtain development approval for new developments that are on or near the coast in South Australia, Coastal Protection Board approval is required. Approval will only be given if the development is in line with the board’s policy, and minimises coastal impacts.

An assessment of coastal hazards by a qualified coastal engineer, such as Magryn and Associates is sometimes required to meet the board’s policy and ensure long-term sustainability of the development.

Further information can be found in the Coastal Protection Board policy document, link below:

let’s get connected

Have a Question?

The consultancy to contact for all
Civil, Structural, Mining, Coastal and Marine engineering.